ADVi3++ version 5.0.0 is here!

After much efforts, version 5.0.0 is released.Thank you a lot to all supporters of the project . It would not be possible without you.

New features

Binaries

• As usual, supporters of the project on Patreon can find the pre-built binaires in ADVi3++ Binaries.

User Manual

Source code

Complete and up to date sources are published on GitHub :

Support

For support requests, please ask your question on ADVi3++ Community - Get Help . I reply to support requests only there. You can also use the search feature in order to look for past similar issues.

Just got 5.0 installed - it looks great. CONGRATULATIONS, and thanks for all your hard work!!

1 Like

Hi Seb,
Just installed V5.
Wow! Great work - going to have a deep play with it this weekend. I’ve used my Balco machine in a 18months (I have a a few other printers in my little workshop), but this has given me the incentive to get it going again. Thank you.
Scott

Do we put comments here?

Loading the LCD and the machine image went flawlessly (Cocoon Create Plus, no BLTouch)

Manual moving - mine moves in jumps - 2 or 3 short steps, then a pause, then repeat. It happens for x/y/z. It’s not smooth.

Tuning the extruder - the nozzle needs to start in a position where there is enough room under it for the extruded filament. Currently, the extrusion just happens wherever the nozzle has been left, which may be just off the mat. Moving upwards before extruding would be better.

When in Move mode and testing the extruder, holding my finger on the + button for a while suddenly makes the screen blank and the splash screen appears. A reboot??

Works pretty well! Thanks

Gonzo

Congratulations Sebastian on completing v5.

I’m upgrading from v4.0.6, having used balena Etcher to flash the disk image onto the microSD card for the LCD. Balena Etcher often can’t be used on the same microSD card without reformatting. I found this video and the linked software allowed me to use the same 8GB microSD that i have dedicated to the printer.
FIX - Etcher killed my USB - BalenaEtcher Fix - YouTube

Regards
Ian

It depends:

Yes, I am not satisfied also with the way it is moving. It was smoother in version 4. Will work (again) on it. It is a tricky issue to solve.

This looks like a reboot. This was an issue in the past and thought I solved it. I will do some tests.

This is a very bad idea with this LCD panel. It is has very limited power and thus the support of microSD and FAT is quite limited. You may brick your LCD panel when doing this. Please don’t.
And yes, the microSD HAS to be reformatted. It is important. The guy on the video does not understand how external devices and partitions work.

Be aware also that it is forbidden to put video links on the Community for anything related to issues.