After almost one year of work, ADVi3++ version 4.0 is here! Thank you a lot to all supporters of the project. It would not be possible without you.
There are many changes in this release and a complete list is available in the Changelog. Below are some highlights:
- Full support of BLTouch including BLTouch Smart v3.
- New automatic bed leveling, more faster, and does not use the Z endstop anymore.
- Pre-configured bed leveling sensor supports and possibility to enter your own values.
- S-Curve Acceleration support.
- Linear Advance support. You can set the K value in Settings / Motors / Linear Adv.
- Multiple PID values recorded and auto PID tune. When a target temperature is set, choose the closest set of PID values.
- PID Tuning of the heated bed.
- G26 Mesh Validation Pattern tool support. Not yet in the LCD Panel UI.
- Live Z adjustment (Babystepping).
- Align ADVi3++ with the latest 1.1.9 patches from Marlin
- Aldi Balco UK printer (HE180021) support including builds of HE180021 with BLTouch and BLTouch Smart v3 support.
- Wanhao i3 Plus Mark II support (except power loss recovery).
- Add messages during PID tuning (such as “cycle 1 / 3”)
- Diagnosis page with the live state of several digital and analog lines
- Progress is now updated when printing.
- On the Move page, Y direction is now inverted (more natural especially when your LCD panel is tilted).
- G20, G21, M149, M0 and M1 support.
- Fusion of the ADVi3pp-Marlin and ADVi3pp-LCD projects into the ADVi3pp project on GitHub.
- Add a progress bar during printing
- During SD print, displays the remaining time in percent
- Be able to cancel a PID tuning
- Allow bigger values (>800) for motor steps.
- Disable drive when stopping print
- Add free memory (SRAM) in statistics
- Show page number on SD Card screen
- Clear the message on the display when G4 is finished
Pre-build binaries are published on ADVi3++ Community but are only available, for the moment, to sponsors of the ADVi3++ project on Patreon. So if you are not a sponsor, you have to generate the binaries yourself.
If you are a sponsor, login here with your Patreon account and get the binaries from Pre-build binaries.
Complete and up to date sources are published on GitHub:
- advi3++ branch for the latest stable release (ie. 4.0.0)
- advi3++dev branch for the sources under development (be careful, they are not compiling sometimes).
- All releases have also an associated tag
Since version 4.0 is now published, I will again do support for everybody (supporters or not) but supporters have the priority.
For support requests, please use the new ADVi3++ Community - Get Help web site I put in place recently (based on Discourse). You can also use the search feature in order to look for past similar issues.
Sponsors of the ADVi3++ project have access to advanced topics: