Warning Screen after flashing from DWIN firmware

I have flashed my MonoPrice Select Maker Plus LCD and Mainboard with both 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 and tried two new LCD cables and I am still getting the “WARNING” THe settings stored in EEPROM are not compatible with this version of the firmware. For this reason, the settings have been reset and you have to either enter manually the settings or redo tunings." Pop up.

I had to replace the LCD screen with the 02WT part number and I flashed from the default DWIN firmware.

Does the ADVi3 require the original firmware before flashing?

I have also flashed with the CleanEEPROM.ino.with_bootloader.mega.hex and then flashed with corresponding firmware.

I am able to print using octopi.

Output from Putty:
start
echo:Marlin 1.1.9
echo: Last Updated: 2020-01-20 12:00 | Author: (andrivet)
echo:Compiled: Jan 20 2020
echo: Free Memory: 2426 PlannerBufferBytes: 1664
echo:EEPROM version mismatch (EEPROM= Marlin=V55)
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
Error:volume.init failed
Based on ADVi3++, Copyright © 2017-2019 Sebastien Andrivet
Sponsored by Alexander Cherenegar

This warning screen is perfectly normal and expected.

No

I am I missing something? I cannot use the touchscreen at all.

This is something different. It probably means that you have a problem with your cable between the LCD and the mainboard, or with one of the connectors.

But I do not understand what you mean exactly when saying:

Can you explain? Maybe, it is related.

The SD card slot broke on the original monoprice screen. (I put the SD card in with plastic trash in it). I replaced the screen with this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815821437.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.526139c6q2ORoa

I just confirmed there is continuity from the two resistors on the LCD Screen to the solder pads of the mainboard.

Your previous LCD was exactly the same model?

I am asking because some LCD have connectors that have an opposite orientation.

Yes they are the exact same number and pinout. I ordered an 8GB SD card to flash the factory image to see if that is working. I formatted a 64GB SD card with your firmware and it looked like it flashed correctly.

Ok I created a 6GB partition on my 64GB SD Card. Formatted it with FAT32. Copied the MonoPrice Firmware on it and installed in the SD card slot. I changed from blue to black to the printhead image over and over, after 3 minutes I turned it off, and turned the printer back on and it is working with ADV not the default firmware. Weird…

Using a microSD of more than 8 GiB is unreliable and gives weird things.

Looks like all is good now! Thanks!

There might be more to it.
I’ve failed on the first update of the LCD to 4.0.6 too, using the image on a 8GB Sandisk. (written with dd to the card) It did only flash about 80% of the images and got stuck.
I then wipe the same card and created the partition in gparted and copied the files from the image (mounted as loopback).
Worked straight away.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.