V5 stops at printing from cura

After installation of V5 and setup the printer will go through all parts of the startup code. when it changes to the message “printing from cura…” it just stops. Doesn’t do a thing. The % completion of the print updates as if it’s printing. but that’s it.

1 Like

Very strange. Never heard of such behavior. Which printer do you have and which files have you used to flash?

Also can you send your gcode so I can try on my printer?

-Monoprice maker select plus
-51 BLtouch 5.0.0

G21 ; metric values
G90 ; absolute positioning
M82 ; set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ; start with the fan off
M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Set bed temperature (no wait)
G28 X Y F6000 ; move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z F1200 ; move Z to min endstops ; raise the nozzle
G28 X Y F6000 ; move X/Y to min endstops
M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; wait for bed temperature to reach target
M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} T0 ; set extruder temperature (no wait)
G29 ; auto-leveling
M420 S1 ; enable bed leveling compensation
M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} T0 ; set extruder temperature and wait
M300 P200 ; beep to indicate that the temp is reached
G1 Z15 F1200 ; raise to have room
G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length
G1 Z0.2 F1200 ; raise nozzle 0.2mm
G1 X50 E30 F600 ; move X-carriage 50mm while purging 1mm of filament
G4 S2 ; Wait for 2 seconds
G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length
M117 Printing from Cura...; message

So you have a BLTouch?

Yup

Worked fine on v3 and v4. just updated today after my last print.

Can you please post a complete gcode (that is failing), not just the startup code?
Can you also describe more precisely what happen? Does the printer do the automated bed leveling?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HfWBY-fCGsOGf7aIOv8x7DufsrKkw_Tt/view?usp=sharing

it does the bed leveling preheat cycle moves to the back right corner. It does not do the nozzle wipe but updates the screen to read printing from cura. The percentage complete updates faster than it would if it was actually printing but it never moves out of the back corner and nothing is extruded. As far as failures go at least it’s not wasting any filament.

But does it do the automated bed leveling (measurement of 9 points on the bed)?

Yes

I found the issue. The ribbon cable to the extruder had come slightly loose. I reseated while checking all the connections and that fixed it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.