Touchscreen issue after 4.0.4 flash

Updated:

I updated my MP Maker Select Plus from version 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. I made a change to the screen dim settings and the touchscreen now only allows one touch after the screen has dimmed then stops responding. I re-flashed both LCD and mainboard a couple times. There is a way to re-calibrate the screen by tapping repeatedly in the top right corner of the screen until a beep and blue screen appears. That isn’t working now either. I didn’t move the LCD for the initial flash but I’ve since double checked the ribbon connections and replaced the 2032 button battery. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a way to reset the printer to default settings without the touchscreen?

I am considering rolling back to 4.0.3 then trying again.

I do not think it is related to the battery (it is optional), or to the flashing of either part, or the calibration of the LCD. Most of the time, these kind of problem is related to the flat cable (it is very fragile) or to the connectors (also very fragile).

Fortunately or unfortunately it was a flashing issue. I had to roll back to 4.0.3 then reset to default settings. No touchscreen issue after rolling back. I then flashed back to 4.0.4 and it seems to work fine. No cable issue. Something got screwed up when I adjusted the dim setting in 4.0.4.