Start print

How do I sort out startup print. It starts to extrude in the Center then moves to bottom right. I want it as before. Extrudes at bottom right. Home position.

If you want people to help you, you have to give a minimum of information. Which printer, which version of ADVi3++, what are you doing, what means “before”, etc.

It’s a cocoon plus with the latest advi3++ V 4.0.6.

Thanks

By before…l I mean… the printer started extruding from bottom right, now after the firmware update it starts from the Center, extrudes the filament then creeps to bottom right before it starts printing

This looks like a problem in your startup script. Can you post it here? And what kind of slicer do you use?

I use cocoon cura. This issue only started after the firmware update , like I mentioned before

Please post your startup script.

;Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}
;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
;Print time: {print_time}
;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
;Filament cost: {filament_cost}
;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
G1 F140 E30 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G1 X20 Y0 F140 E30
G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}
;Put printing message on LCD screen
M117 Printing…

Your startup code contains nothing to move the head on the corner. That’s why it stays where it is (in the middle). It is better to use the gcode I recommend in the User Manual.

Like I said… this only started after v4.0.6 update. My slicer has not been touched. Got nothing to do with the start code. How come was working well before the update.

And which version do you had before? And do you have a BLTouch?

i have a bl touch and i had ver 2. something prior.

With version 4 and a BLTouch, the safe home is in the middle of the bed. You have to change your startup script to move the head where you want.

You just have to move the line

G1 X20 Y0 F140 E30

higher. For example after G28 Z0. But as I said, you should use the startup script I recommend.

What startup script?

Thanks

The one in the User Manual:
https://community.advi3pp.com/t/starting-and-ending-g-code/

Thankyou