Didnt work as expected so changed to.

G28 ; home all axes
G28 X0
G1 Y-3.0 F500.0 ; move out of print volume
G1 X60.0 E9 F500.0 ; start purge
G1 X100 E12.5 F500.0 ; finish purge line
G28 X0 after G28

When doing the purge line its now in the right place just a little to high,
I’ve set the z height already and the print is perfect just this starting script im having trouble with.

Thanks in advance.

Also id like to use the lvl compensation but not necessarly do auto bed leveling every thing.

Sorry, I don’t understand what is your problem and what you’re starting G-Code looks like. Is G28 X0 after G28 a line of the starting G-Code, a remark, …

Also, you are not mentioning which printer you have, which version of BLTouch, etc.

Sorry, its a Wanhao i3 plus witha bltouch smart 3.1

Using the latest fw ADVi3++ version 4.0.4

My original starting gcode prior to installing the bl touch would extrude some filament along the front edge of the print bed (wipe the nozzle before printing.)

Since using bl touch it still does that first nozzle wipe but now its slightly too high.

When the bltouch finishes homing it leave the nozzel high off the bed i just need to work out how high and send a command to bring it down before the first wipe.

You just need to send a G1 Z and the number you want.

1 Like

Thanks for your help and super fast response BTW.

I’ve just tried out you simplify3d starting code above and it so good i think i will just forget about implementing my old nozzel wipe.

I do have one other question, when hitting cancel it left the nozzel in the print. Was on first layer, Where would i add the code to move it clear after cancelling a print. (cancelled through octoprint, wonder if that had something to do with it.)

Thanks

edit just found the answer i was looking for

Posting this here in the hopes that it will help someone in the future. I am using OctoPrint v1.3.4, with a Original Prusa i3 MK2 running FW 3.0.11. Hre is my problem; when I cancel a print from the OctoPrint interface, it just does a dead stop, and shuts things down. This has lead to a bunch of extra cleanup getting bad prints off of the print head. :confused: I wanted OctoPrint to behave like a cancel from the LCD, here is what I came up with;

In OctoPrint go to Settings (the wrench), then GCODE Scripts. In the “After Print Job is Cancelled” area enter the following;

sorry for all the simple questions, baptism of fire this week flashing firmware for first time installing octoprint and bl touch amongst a few other upgrades. been getting rather confused :slight_smile:

@Saggy_Nun Great. But frankly, your questions have nothing to do with ADVi3++ so it is not the right place to post them. Use instead Printers Stuff

It is also far better to avoid mixing completely unrelated question in the same topic. One topic, one… topic.

Thanks

EDIT: I have moved your posts.

Appologise for that. :innocent: thank for you help all the same.

Its was really because those questions came to me when installing the bltouch. Realise now they weren’t applicable to that thread.

Found an answer here should anyone be looking for a purge line in starting gcode.