ADVi3++ is an alternative and better firmware for Wanaho Duplicator i3+ printers and their clones like the Monoprice Select Plus. It is based on the latest stable release of Marlin (1.1.9 with hot fixes) and adds some new specific features. It has the following features when compared to the stock Wanhao firmwares:
- Based on Marlin 1.1.9 (stock Wanhao firmwares are based on Marlin 1.1.4) including post-1.1.9 fixes
- New redesigned LCD screens
- Access on the LCD display to more printer parameters like Feedrate, Acceleration and Jerk settings
- Tuning of the extruder motor
- Temperature graphs
- 5 preheat presets
- 10 points manual bed leveling
- BLTouch (including BLTouch Smart v3) support with automatic bed leveling
- Display of messages (M117 code) and progress bar from external software such as OctoPrint (Detailed progress plugin for example)
- Advanced Pause (M600 support)
- A complete and up to date User Manual
Currently, ADVi3++ is compatible with:
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus (Bi3Plus)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus (15711)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus “Euro” (21871)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus “UK” (24165)
- Aldi Cocoon Create Touch (HE161192)
- Aldi Balco 3D Touchscreen
- Microcenter PowerSpec WanHao Duplicator I3 PLUS (422204)
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus Mark II (wanhao.i3.plus.Mk2) Note: Power-loss recovery not yet implemented
- Aldi Balco 3D Printer (HE180021)
ADVi3++ is not compatible with printers that do not have a similar LCD panel (DGUS DWIN), i.e. it is not compatible with previous versions of Duplicator i3, i3 Mini, etc.
Become a Sponsor of this Project
Working on ADVi3++ takes a lot of time and effort. I make my best to release good quality software, useful and precise documents. I track bugs reported by users and replies to help requests. I invest also time and money to implement new hardware features.
If you like what I am doing, please consider supporting me as a patron on Patreon so I can continue and develop new releases and new documents. Supporting this project is a guaranty for you that it will continue and become better and better.
The full source code of ADVi3++ is available in the following GitHub repositories:
I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Wanaho, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.
USE THIS CUSTOM FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not responsible for any damage done to your printer or LCD when using this firmware.
Be also aware that installing a third-party firmware like ADVi3++ will probably void your warranty depending of your country.
- Copyright © 2017-2019 Sebastien Andrivet GitHub ADVi3pp-Marlin project
- Copyright © 2016-2018 MarlinFirmware
- Based on Sprinter and grbl.
- Copyright © 2011 Camiel Gubbels / Erik van der Zalm
ADVi3++ LCD Panels
- Copyright © 2017-2019 Sebastien Andrivet
ADVi3++ User Manual
- Copyright © 2019 Sebastien Andrivet
Thanks you to Leo Lüker (Silverquark) for his i3plus+ project. I take many ideas from his code. But the project is no more active and I do not like the screens (personal taste) so I have created the ADVi3++ fork. It is technically a fork of Marlin, not of i3plus+.
Thanks to MarlinTeam for their great work.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
ADVi3++ LCD Panels
ADVi3++ LCD Panels are licenses under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International.
ADVi3++ User Manual
This manual is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International.