How to manually level with BLTouch

I just finished installing my BLTouch and I ran through the manual for setting it up. I was able to “tune the z-height” and that’s working fine now. The next section talks about doing a manual bed leveling, which I wanted to do since I thoroughly messed with the bed and printer.

When I go through the manual bed level and press the numbers (1, 2, 3, 4), the print head will move down until the BLTouch touches the bed, then the print head stops moving. I would think it would work like the non-bltouch leveling would, where the nozzle touches the bed and you can level it that way.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it’s supposed to function? Is there a way to manually level the bed like I did pre-bltouch days, and then use the bltouch to fine tune the level?

EDIT: I did a test print and it didn’t print the first layer in the air, so I think maybe it’s working how it’s supposed to? I guess I was thinking the manual bed level would bring the nozzle head all the way down until it made contact to the bed.

Thanks!