Extruder Stepper Motor Wobbles but Does Not Extrude

Hello, I installed the version 4.0.6 firmware, on my Monoprice Maker Select Plus v1, and have been trying to also install a Hemera hotend on it. There have been problems getting the extruder motor to work on the Hemera so I tried to plug in the default extruder motor, thermistor and heater to see if this works. So far once I am up to temperature and send an extrude command it will rotate the gear back and forth for a few seconds, it never actually extrudes forward.

I do not really know where to go from here, I have bought new cables and boards to make sure they were not defective and had the same results. I was trying to follow some advised I found to switch the two middle cables on the stepper motor side of the extruder to fix this but that ended up burning up the driver on that board, I guess it is good I had a new one already. I also tried increasing the feedrate to 409, but it still would just wobble back and forth.

I would love if anyone could give advice on how to get the Hemera working with this but really I just want to be able to use the stock hotend with this firmware, has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.