Controller support

Would your firmware work with any other controllers?

You have to be more precise. Which controller?

An example could be an Ender3 controller. But I’d like to know if it’s possible to build a printer from scratch and use your firmware. What controller board could be used? Like one available from BigTreeTech.

If I understand well what I read, the Reality Ender 3 V2 uses a DGUS DWIN LCD panel. So, yes why not.

The idea of a custom printer is also interesting. This is something I am evaluating for myself (BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V2 32Bit Motherboard). This is one of the reasons I had to migrate to Marlin 2: be able to support other printers using a similar LCD panel.

But in the other hand, it is also a lot of work. Most of the time, I have to build a hardware simulator in order to be able to test and debug ADVi3++.

So this is definitely something I have in mind but I have to make more evaluation of the feasibility.

UPDATE: But to be clear (after re-reading your initial question): currently, ADVi3++ does not support “as is” other controllers. It has to be modified and it is not easy.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.