Bug Report, Extruder runs Backwards after canceling a print

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I just wanted to report an odd thing I’ve noticed with my printer.
I’m on the latest 4.0.6 build and if I notice a print is going bad and kill it in OctoPrint or in Cura (Using the OctoPrint plugin) I can restart the print but for some reason the extruder will run in reverse then start extruding normally but by that time it’s removed the filament from the nozzle and 9 times out of 10 I have to kill the power to the printer with the power switch because nothing is coming out of the nozzle.

The fix for this has been to go into octoprint and disconnect then reconnect to the printer then print again.

This sometimes happens if the printer has stood on standby (turned on not printing anything).

The fix usually is either power cycling the printer or disconnecting and reconnecting with OctoPrint.

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before, I may not have used the right verbiage when searching for it in the forum.

EDIT: If you need logs of anything let me know what you need and how to get them and I’ll post them.

Hi Annabella,
I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me was to add this line to my slicer software at the beginning and the end of each GCODE file.

G92 S0 ; reset the extruder to zero.

If you don’t and your last line for E in a GCODE file is a large number and the first line in the next GCODE file for E axis is a small number then the E axis will rewind to the small number.

Best.
Salty Doug

1 Like

That did it, thanks! I’m glad it was “Me” and not the Firmware!