Hey everyone, I’m suddenly having a weird BLtouch issue. It’s worked perfectly for over a year at this point. I didn’t change anything. I have been using Advi3++ 4.03 both firmware and screen since they came out successfully, I was and am using that with a Maker Select Plus printer. It was working one night, and the only thing I did right before it stopped working the next morning was changing out the Y and X rods (which clearly shouldn’t be related).
It is now responding properly to the M280 commands to test, reset, deploy, and stow. When the printer turns on it properly tests itself. It doesn’t throw any noticeable errors. However, M401 and M402 don’t do anything anymore, and when trying to level, it moves to the center of the bed, flashes the blue light once and then resets the connection to the computer.
Things i’ve tried to fix it:
- New BlTouch
- New Wiring
- Checked continuity on all the wiring, individually and collectively.
- Wired the touch directly to the mainboard with the printer on its side with the bottom off
- Reset the LCD firmware (on the LCD)
- Reflashed the firmware and LCD firmware
- Recompiled and reflashed the firmware and lcd firmware
- Same thing but with default settings (for 4.03 (I had previously made some changes for settings so that I wouldn’t have to enter them on the lcd))
- New USB cable
- Different USB ports
- Different computers
- Different programs
It’s baffling to me that it is deploying and stowing correctly with one command, meaning that in theory the orange cable is working properly, but not with another command. I guess the next thing that i’ll check is taking out the motherboard and making sure that the solder from, idk, well over a year ago didn’t somehow get screwed up suddenly??
If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!